Monday, January 19, 2009

First post of 2009!!

Hello y'all!!

It's the new year! In fact, it's way past New Year's Day (in case you hadn't noticed).

I'll be honest, for the past month, I have been struggling with several issues and not dealing with them well at all. Ergo, I did not want to say "Here's how God is helping me Do Hard Things" when really, I wasn't allowing myself to use His strength.

But by God's grace, He has allowed me to come out on top of my feelings and all that.

He has broken and humbled me as He showed me the many things that needed to change, big time, in my life.

He has given me a new longing to spend time with Him and to memorize Scripture; He has answered my prayers by giving me an intense longing to "know Him [meaning Christ] and the power of His resurrection" and that I "may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but of that which is through faith in Christ..."(Philippians 3, verses 10 and 9 respectively)

He has given me several verses from Psalm 37: (3-5) Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord trust also in Him and He will do it....(7) "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret because of him who prospers in His way because of the man who carries out wicked schemes."

God has been so good to me even though I often turned away from Him, and I praise Him for His mercy and lovingkindness!! I am excited about the vision He has given me for this year, and I look forward to sharing about it in the next couple posts!

Blessings,

Ericka

Hehe, I forgot to changed the post date...it is now officially posted in January
.

1 comment:

Laura Ansley said...

Ah, being broken and humbled is such a ....humbling experience!
Good post!